Neuropsychological testing can help your doctor find out how a problem with your brain is affecting your ability to reason, concentrate, solve problems, or remember.
Doctors use a wide variety of tests for neuropsychological testing. In most cases you will take a series of tests, rather than a single test. This type of testing is done by one of our neuropsychologists with special training in this area. This testing gives your doctor an overall picture of how well your brain works. Your doctor can use the results to decide the best treatment or rehabilitation program for you.
Get to know our neuropsychologists
Your doctor may recommend this testing if:
- You have a disease that can affect the brain, such as:
- Alzheimer’s disease or other dementia.
- Multiple sclerosis.
- Brain tumor.
- Parkinson’s disease.
- You have an injury that may have affected your brain, such as a concussion or a more serious brain injury.
- You have a history of drug or alcohol abuse that may have affected your brain.
- You have been exposed to poisons, chemicals, or pollution that can cause brain damage.
- Your doctor wants to see how well treatment for one of these diseases, conditions, or injuries is working.